Ars Electronica 2019
“Seer”-Takayuki Todo (JP)
Ars Electronica PRIX2021
“PL’AI”-Špela Petrič (SI)
Ars Electronica PRIX2021
“Cloud Studies”-Forensic Architecture (INT)
Ars Electronica PRIX2020 Goldene Nica
“Be Water by Hong Kongers”
Ars Electronica PRIX2020
“Shadow Stalker”-Lynn Hershman Leeson
Ars Electronica 2019
“Biosignal_Cybernation”-Chiao-Chi Chou, You-Yang Hu
Ars Electronica1999 “Genesis”-Eduardo Kac
Ars Electronica PRIX2019 “REVERENT: MIRACLES ON DEMAND”-Adam Brown
Ars Electronica PRIX2020 “Appropriate Response”-
Enhanced Family Tree: Evolving Research and Expression Overview
SIGGRAPH 2020 Art Papers – ACM SIGGRAPH
Enhanced Family Tree reimagines the possibilities of family trees with an evolving series of exhibits. The authors’ works combine genealogical data, visualization, 3D technologies and interactivity to explore and display ancient genealogical relationships. Their new approach may reveal questionable relationships in genealogical records. Moreover, the authors’ use of an organic metaphor of a “tree” can be further extended to increase public understanding and engagement. The audience’s questions arising from this project show increased curiosity and nuanced questioning about their own family origins and development.
科技藝術第三次簡報_NTHU Tom Lee
Artist : Paolo Cirio
Title : Capture / PPT
- Panorama 22exhibition at Le Fresnoy, 2020, Tourcoing – France
2. Cybernetics of the Poor, exhibition at Kunsthalle Wien, 2020, Vienna – Austria
3. Artissima Unplugged, solo show at GAM Musuem, 2020, Turin – Italy
4. Plan B, exhibition at NOME Gallery, 2020, Berlin – Germany
Award : Prix ARS Electronica 2021 / Honorary Mentions
Category : AI & Life Art
藝術家Paolo Cirio 在法國抗議期間拍攝的照片中收集了 1,000 張警察的公開圖像，並使用人臉識別軟體對其進行了處理。
Paolo Cirio 創建了一個在線平台，其中包含一個 4,000 張警察面孔的數據庫，用物聯網技術網羅大量資訊，並依姓名獲取他們的身份證明。此外，Cirio 將警務人員的頭像輸出為街頭藝術海報，並將它們張貼在整個巴黎市區，以便在公共場所曝光。這個作品通過質疑權力的不對稱性，批判人臉識別和人工智慧的潛在用途和誤用。
最初，Paolo Cirio 發起了一項運動，旨在倡議歐洲禁止人臉識別技術的濫用。2021 年的 A Ban on Facial Recognition in EU 活動中，Paolo Cirio 向歐洲各機構發送了一個包裹，其中包含一份法律投訴和他的研究以及擁有超過 50,000 個聲援者署名的請願書。
『歐盟執行委員會』最終通過承認有必要在法律上限制人工智慧的使用來回應Paolo Cirio 的請願訴求。
Topic: How to Draw the Coronavirus
Link: PPT & Article
Theme: Covid-19, Art and Technology
Author: Rebekah Frumkin
Creators Mentioned: CDC illustrators Alissa Eckert and Dan Higgins, iSO-FORM’s Nick Klein and Jamie Vitzthum, Melanie Connolly, Jane Whitney, Jonathan Corum, David Goodsell.
Abstract: The disease that has put the entire world on pause is easily communicable, capable of stowing silently away in certain hosts and killing others, and, to the human eye, entirely invisible. In media parlance it’s become our “invisible enemy”: a nightmarish, oneiric force that can’t be seen, heard, or touched. But with the use of modeling software, scientists and illustrators have begun to visualize coronavirus, turning it into something that can be seen, understood, and, hopefully, eventually vanquished by science. Many of us imagine the virus as a sphere radiating red spikes—but why? Certain elements of these visualizations are based on the way coronavirus appears under a microscope, and others are choices that were made, an exercise of artistic license.
Topic: Duo Skin: Like a second skin (PPT & Papaer Link)
Author: Cindy Hsin-Liu Kao
- 微型設備已經變得可穿戴，超越了手錶或戒指的外形功能設備現在可以直接貼在用戶的皮膚上，解鎖更廣闊的畫布, 用於電子產品。
- 我們展示了 DuoSkin，一種提供快速原型功能的製造工藝以金箔為關鍵材料，直接貼在用戶皮膚上的設備，一種商品材料親膚，堅固耐用，適合日常穿著，製作過程方便用戶。
Topic: AI DJ — A dialog between human and AI through music ppt
Author: Nao Tokui et al.
Abstract: “AI DJ Project” is a live performance featuring an Artificial Intelligence (AI) DJ playing alongside a human DJ. Utilizing various deep neural networks, the software(AI DJ) selects vinyl records and mixes songs. Playing alternately, each DJ selects one song at a time, embodying a dialogue between the human and AI through music. DJ-ing “Back to Back” serves as a critical investigation into the unique relationship between humans and machines.
In the performance, AI is not a replacement for the human DJ. Instead, it is a partner that can think and play alongside its human counterpart, bringing forth a broader perspective of our relationship to contemporary TechArt.
專題演講：以科技及藝術的視角漫談人工智慧藝術 （AI-Arts : a causerie from technology and artistic perspectives）
遠距視訊演講：https://meet.google.com/txw-kiwk-yig ( Google Meet )
美國加州大學IRVINE分校博士 （Information and Computer Science）
· Ph.D. 1992: in Information and Computer Science at the University of California, Irvine.
· M.S. 1985: in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Arizona, Tucson.
· B.S. 1983: in Electronics Engineering at the National Taiwan Institute of Technology, Taipei, Taiwan.
Art Title : Narcissus
Exhibition : SIGGRAPH Asia 2020: Untitled & Untied
Artist : Seol Lee
PPT File :http://www.fbilab.org/nthu/aet/seminar/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/書報討論210518_Kai.pdf
– 作品論述 (Art Statement)
Sensing the brainwave of an appreciator, creates an interaction that the higher concentration on the reflection on the surface of water, the more blurred observation. That experience reflects the reverse of the Narcissus story and expresses that mirrored image of the participant could not exist as complete subject.
Narcissus was a hunter in Greek mythology who fell in love with his own reflection in the water. Narcissus is the origin of the term narcissism. This artwork , as its name suggests, is based on the myth of Narcissus.
A narcissistic ego that conceals the weakness of the individual, focuses energy only on itself. Everyone has narcissism even if a little. Excessive narcissism causes lots of problems from isolation because fascinating by the perfection of oneself makes relationship with the others closed.
Deep Dream Arts of AI
SIGGRAPH Asia 2019: Deep Dreaming
Sophia Brueckner: Captured by an Algorithm
- Captured by an Algorithm is a commemorative plate series that looks at romance novels through the lens of Amazon Kindle’s Popular Highlight algorithm. A passage in a Kindle e-book becomes a Popular Highlight after a certain numb
- er of people independently highlight the same passage.
- Popular Highlights are displayed as underlined along with the total number of highlighters. The highlights in romances are not the racy, salacious quotes that one might expect. Instead, they reveal the intense feelings of loneliness, grief, and discontent that are felt by the readers. With all the social technologies available today, it is astonishing to see that so many people feel so lonely. Popular Highlights change based on readers’ interactions with the books and Amazon’s adjustments to the algorithm. These poignant examples of shared vulnerability are preserved on porcelain commemorative plates. Photoshop’s Photomerge algorithm, intended to stitch together photos into panoramas, is instead applied to scans of romance novel covers. Because the covers are so similar, the algorithm finds areas that it believes should overlap producing dreamy, hybrid landscapes. Each plate features one of these landscapes as well as a Popular Highlight from a romance novel.
- The nature of these highlights suggests they are not serving as bookmarks for readers to return to later. They are not the type of quotes people share on Goodreads to look smart or well read. When a reader highlights one of these Popular Highlights, it is as if they are saying “I understand” or “me too!” They can take comfort in knowing that they are one of many feeling the same way. Over seventy thousand individual acts of highlighting were used to determine the content for this work. This project draws attention to an existing example of collective social support to change society’s vision for the future of social technologies.科技藝術簡報 Deep Dream-20210518
文獻題目：AFTERLIFE 網路來生 : ev20fi
文獻作者：Naxs corp. & Meuko! Meuko!
An Online Multiplayer Experience for the Networked Afterlives.
AFTERLIFE網路來生 is an online MMO game, an experimental space, and a curatorial project as part of @UNSOUND 2020. Inspired by reincarnation and the space-time structure from Buddhism tradition, the special 6 hour and 30 minutes long live program includes a showcase of Taiwanese experimental artists, a pan-Asian showcase DJs and producers, and a video screening.
Initiated by Taiwan-based new-media art group NAXS Corp and co-curated with experimental music producer Meuko! Meuko!, AFTERLIFE is an experiment to open an interspace between post-human myths and animism cosmology, to reinvestigate the life, death and rebirth of our digital bodies.
PPT：Facebook-a facial recognition book that traces your identity
Facebook-a facial recognition book that traces your identity
With the proliferation of social networks and data tracking, the wisdom of computer algorithms and surveillance mobs has been elevated over the locked-in immortality of individuals. Tracking your data with face recognition, this interactive medium invites you to become a real-time protagonist of the story.
As you browse through the interactive book for the first time, the camera uses facial recognition to pair your profile with data tracked through search engines. The book draws a back-end algorithm and fills in the blank of the narrative with your name, age, gender, location and birth date. As the story unfolds with each turn of a page, you realize that this is a story about you.
Converting Rekognition API data on Processing, two sketches had to be run to first trace the user’s face profile, followed by projecting their data into the narrative plot. Client to Server communication was used on the two processing sketches.
The Final Product
The first web camera tracks the user flipping the book by using nyar4psg markers. The second web camera traces their face and with facial recognition, pulls their data pre-stored and projects it into the book – injecting the user into the narrative plot.
文獻題目： Smart wearable devices in cardiovascular care: where we are and how to move forward
文獻作者：Karim Bayoumy, Mohammed Gaber, Abdallah Elshafeey, Omar Mhaimeed, Elizabeth H. Dineen, Francoise A. Marvel, Seth S. Martin, Evan D. Muse, Mintu P. Turakhia, Khaldoun G. Tarakji & Mohamed B. Elshazly
文獻來源： nature review
Technological innovations reach deeply into our daily lives and an emerging trend supports the use of commercial smart wearable devices to manage health. In the era of remote, decentralized and increasingly personalized patient care, catalysed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the cardiovascular community must familiarize itself with the wearable technologies on the market and their wide range of clinical applications. In this Review, we highlight the basic engineering principles of common wearable sensors and where they can be error-prone. We also examine the role of these devices in the remote screening and diagnosis of common cardiovascular diseases, such as arrhythmias, and in the management of patients with established cardiovascular conditions, for example, heart failure. To date, challenges such as device accuracy, clinical validity, a lack of standardized regulatory policies and concerns for patient privacy are still hindering the widespread adoption of smart wearable technologies in clinical practice. We present several recommendations to navigate these challenges and propose a simple and practical ‘ABCD’ guide for clinicians, personalized to their specific practice needs, to accelerate the integration of these devices into the clinical workflow for optimal patient care.